Saturday, April 4, 2015

He has Risen!

He has risen!

Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." - John 10:10

I don't know about you, but I feel like a new year's resolution. Maybe better termed "new creation resolution."

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." - Second Corinthians 5:17

I want to speak less, listen more, and show my faith with patience and grace.

I don't know how Jesus did it. Not talking back to his false accusers. Not showing a glimpse of his blinding power to his enemies. He did it all for his Father's glory, and never deviated from the plan.

I want that raw humility.

We have been studying Philippians during our Sunday bible time, and these verses from chapter 2 come to mind,

"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father."

He was a true servant, but he is my Lord and master, so what does that make me?

Jesus said, "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." - John 13: 15-17

"So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.'" - Luke 17:10

I want to be a servant because my Lord was the ultimate servant to me.

He has risen indeed!

1 comment :